- exploring the city and staying in the Medina;
- staying outside of town in a SPA Resort or a kasbah and mostly sun tanning during the day;
- staying close to the mountains in a camp;
- driving around the country to visit Essaouira, Ourika Valley and Ouarzazate.
Marrakesh has its old town, Medina and there is where you will find the Jemma Al Fna square, all the souks, palaces, mosques. And Medina is big enough not to feel cramped inside the old walls. Outside of the wall, you will find modern areas, I mean with modern buildings and malls, like Gueliz, for example. And further away (30 minutes) is an area called Palmeraie with big hotels, clubs and Nikki Beach.
After a long (very long) search, I decided to check the new (back then) RIAD GOLOBOY and it turned out exactly what I was looking for. It was located inside Medina, adjacent to famous Mamounia Hotel, in a quiet narrow residential street.
- Souk des Teinturiers, Wool Dyers Souk, Tanneries (go with a local)
- Maison de la Photographie
- Ben Youssef Madrassa
- Menara Gardens
- Djemaa El Fna ( we were told that the stall with grilled meats is ok). Get some orange juice! The restaurants around it are very average.
- Dar Si Saïd Museum
- Jardin Majorelle Yves Saint Laurent (quite expensive to enter and mostly shows a collection of cactuses)
- Bahia Palace
- Koutoubia Mosque
Dinner with show
Have a look at all the mentoned restaurants on the map for your convenience: